Location: Cambodia (Rural)
Duration: 2018 – present
Partner: C-Quest Capital (Cambodia) Co., Ltd.
Carbon Standard: United Nations Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) (PoA 10030)
- The objective of the project is to reduce non-renewable biomass consumption for cooking and water boiling, therefore reducing greenhouse gas emissions, by introducing more energy efficient cookstove model in firewood using households in Cambodia.
- The project activity is a CPA under Differ Cookstove AS’s registered CDM PoA 10030: Household Energy Appliance Programme.
- C-Quest Capital LLC (USA) is 50% shareholder of Differ Cookstoves AS and will manage the PoA. C-Quest Capital (Cambodia) Co., Ltd. will implement the program on the ground. Ecoeye Co., Ltd. and Korean Zinc (Korea) are the investors.
- This specific project supports the installation and maintenance of an imported energy efficient cookstove, SSM 32-13 from China. The project is open to other stoves as well.
- C-Quest Capital LLC (“CQC”) and C-Quest Capital (Cambodia) Co., Ltd. will coordinate the installation and monitoring of SSM S32-13 in rural households where the baseline stove is an iron tri-pod or three-stone fire or other form of open fire for cooking. The target number of households to receive the stoves is 55,000.
LED’s Lighting a New Path for Future Sustainability: Part Three
In this final part of our blog series, we will hear from three regions, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, and Bihar
LED’s Lighting a New Path for Future Sustainability: Part Two
Part two explores C-Quest Capital’s (CQC) efficient lighting program where over 14.5 million LED blubs have already been supplied to over 3 million households. By the end of the program, it will be estimated that up to 50 million LEDs will eventually be installed to many of India’s most rural and disadvantaged communities.
C-Quest Capital Awarded with Best Project Developer: Energy Efficiency
C-Quest Capital has won the ‘Best Project Developer: Energy Efficiency’ and runner-up for ‘Best Project Developer: Public health’ in Environmental Finance’s Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM) Rankings 2022.
LED’s Lighting a New Path for Future Sustainability: Part One
With lighting accounting for 15% of global energy usage and nearly 5% of global CO2 emissions, efficient lighting technologies such as Light Emitting Diode (LED globes) have now been moved into the limelight as an essential technology to move the world closer to net-zero – one globe at a time.
AirCarbon Exchange Partners With C-Quest Capital on First-Ever Auction of LED Carbon Credits
AirCarbon Exchange (ACX), the world’s first carbon negative exchange, has partnered with C-Quest Capital LLC (CQC), the world-leading carbon project developer, for the first-ever auction of carbon credits generated from LED light bulb projects.
BIX Capital And FMO Jointly Provide A USD 10 Million Facility To CQC
BIX Capital and The Dutch Entrepreneurial Development Bank (FMO) are jointly providing a USD 10 million facility to C-Quest Capital to further strengthen its Clean Cooking activities in Sub-Saharan Africa.