Location: Lao PDR (Rural)
Duration: 2018 – present
Carbon Standard: United Nations Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) (PoA 10030)
- The objective of the project is to reduce non-renewable biomass consumption for cooking and water boiling, therefore reducing greenhouse gas emissions, by introducing more energy efficient cookstove model in firewood using households in Lao PDR.
- The project activity is a CPA under Differ Cookstove AS’s registered CDM PoA 10030: Household Energy Appliance Programme.
- C-Quest Capital LLC (USA) is 50% shareholder of Differ Cookstoves AS and will manage the PoA. Civitas (Laos) will implement the program on the ground. Ecoeye Co., Ltd. and Korean Zinc (Korea) are the investors.
- This specific project supports the installation and maintenance of an imported energy efficient cookstove, SSM 32-13 from China. The project is open to other stoves as well.
- C-Quest Capital LLC (“CQC”) and Civitas will coordinate the installation and monitoring of SSM S32-13 in rural households where the baseline stove is an iron tri-pod or three-stone fire or other form of open fire for cooking. The target number of households to receive the stoves is 100,000.
Staff Highlight Series: Simon Borcherdt
At C-Quest Capital, the heart and soul of our success lies in the dedication and passion of our exceptional team members. We are excited to kick off a series of blog posts highlighting the exceptional talent we have in this company to put a spotlight on the remarkable individuals who make our organization thrive.
Mahua Acharya Joins C-Quest Capital as Chief of Staff
C-Quest Capital (CQC), a world-leading carbon finance business dedicated to catalysing an energy transition across Africa and South Asia to mitigate climate change, is delighted to announce the appointment of Mahua Acharya as Chief of Staff.
Press Release: Shell and C-Quest Capital agree funding for an Efficient Lighting Project in India
Carbon project developer, C-Quest Capital (CQC) and Shell International Eastern Trading Company (Shell) have agreed the financing for one of the largest household efficiency projects globally. The project, dubbed ‘Project Shine I’, will replace inefficient incandescent light bulbs (ICLs) with energy efficient LED globes across disadvantaged rural, and peri-urban regions of India.
Stories of Impact: Behind Tsotso Stove, there’s a story to tell
Local Poet Sylvia Muzarrabani composed a poem titled "Behind Tsotso Stove, there's a story to tell". The poem encapsulates her feelings of how CQC's TLC Rocket Stove has transformed the lives of the people in her village.
Stories of Impact: CQC Mbaula Trophy Championship
Thousands of people, many travelling hundreds of kilometres and many hours away have made the trek to witness the finals of the CQC Mbaula Trophy Championship, C-Quest Capital’s inaugural soccer and netball tournament held in Lilongwe, Malawi.
LED’s Lighting a New Path for Future Sustainability: Part Three
In this final part of our blog series, we will hear from three regions, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, and Bihar